The Lotus Collaborative's FAQ
Where are you located? What's your contact information?
The Lotus Collaborative is located in Santa Cruz
and San Francisco CA at:
603 Mission Street 1610 Union Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060 San Francisco, CA 94123
Phone: (831) 600-7103 Phone: (831) 600-7103
Fax: (831) 600-7449 Fax: (415) 931-3739
- Are you currently accepting new clients?
- How do I determine if The Lotus Collaborative is "in-network" with my insurance company?
- Can I continue to work with my therapist or dietician while attending the IOP or PHP programs?
- How do I begin treatment at TLC?
- How individualized is the program?
- What is a typical day like?
If you have any further questions, please give us a call.
- What percentage of your clients have anorexia nervosa verses bulimia nervosa? What's the average age or Male to Female ratio?
- Can you tell me about TLC's nutrition program?
You will become more familiar with the exchange program as you work closely with our dietitian, so that we can help you feel safe to trade foods from within groups, and include forbidden foods that you will realize that there is room for. Our goal is to help you learn what a "reasonable" meal or snack is. With compassion, support, and care, we will strive to help you become a normal eater that knows when you are hungry and when you are full. With mindful eating you can develop a relationship with your body that is built on trust, not fear. You may choose to follow a vegetarian meal plan, but we do not allow for veganism as it is too restrictive. Food allergies must be documented. Staff will approve meals before consumption, making sure that you have followed your plan. If you are missing exchanges, staff will add to your meal or a supplement will be given to make up for lost energy. Please do not process about food or eating at the table with clients, we will have groups for that. Our desire is for meal time to be social and light so that you can appreciate your peers, and enjoy each other. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. We are here to help support your recovery in any way we can.
- How do you figure out how much a person needs to eat? And exercise?
- How do you deal with weight gain?
For clients that are at a healthy weight or overweight: We seek to stabilize one's eating patterns and heal a client's metabolism. Irregular eating (not eating, then overeating) can stunt an individual's metabolism which can lead to weight maintenance at a higher than usual weight and/or weight gain. Binge eating or compulsive overeating also lead to weight gain or individual's maintaining weight higher than their body's natural set-point. In these circumstances, we work to stabilize eating patterns, reduce rigid food rules, and work to incorporate typical binge food in a healthy, reasonable manner, instead of "over doing it". We find that stabilizing eating patterns increases one's metabolism and helps clients reach a natural set-point weight, one's natural weight.
- Are bathroom visits supervised?
- How long do people usually stay?
- What is your payment and cancellation policy?
- What is the cost of TLC's Intensive Outpatient (IOP) or Partial Hospitalization (PHP) Treatment Programs and are they covered by insurance?
- What is the cost of individual therapy, nutrition counseling and group therapy?
- What information do you need to check my insurance benefits?
Insured’s Name (if different from contact name):
Insured Phone Number:
Address Associated with Insurance:
Name of Insurance:
Mental Health/Behavioral Health Phone Number:
Financially Responsible Party and relationship:
Copyright 2011. The Lotus Collaborative. All rights reserved