When our staff recently presented on eating disorders at Scotts Valley High School, we asked the freshman students to write questions about eating disorders on pieces of paper which were addressed. These thought provoking, intelligent questions by 14 year old girls and boys proves that eating disorder education is absolutely necessary for PREVENTION:
1. What is the difference between binge eating disorder and bulimia?
2. I have a friend who feels hungry and wants to eat but when she does, she feels sick and sometimes throws up. What's going on with her?
3. Is not eating for a few days life threatening? I feel weak sometimes for not being able to lose weight. How can I control myself?
4. Who gets more eating disorders, males or females?
5. Does every eating disorder have to do with the fear of gaining weight? Or could it be something else?
6. How long do these disorders last?
7. Can a person with binge eating disorder eat normally throughout the day, by then binge a lot later?
8. How many people go to your clinic?
9. How many people visit your clinic?
10. Is there a chemical imbalance in the brain that triggers the disorder? If so, what type?
11. How many disorders are there?
12. Can't disordered eating be just as dangerous?
13. Can binge eating disorder go too far to the point where they can die?
14. Is it possible to have anorexia and bulimia at the same time?
15. Is bulimia or anorexia worse for you?
16. What do you do if you think a friend has an eating disorder?
17. How much is overeating? Examples?
18. What is the main difference between binge eating and bulimia nervosa?
19. Is it common for people to be hospitalized with eating disorders?
20. What are ways to tell if someone has an eating disorder, besides physical traits?
21. is there one eating disorder that is more dangerous than others?
22. Is it healthy to diet as a teen?
3/31/2021 02:47:40 pm
I agree that educating people about eating disorders is a great way to prevent them. People will be more alert about falling into one this way. They could recognize when they begin to fall into an eating disorder.
4/27/2021 06:46:52 am
Thanks for sharing this article. Looking forward to reading more from you.
Leave a Reply.